Sasha, whose real name is Alexander Paul Coe, born September 4, 1969 in Penarlag, Wales, is a disc jockey and producer of Welsh music. Voted best DJ in the world in 2000 by DJ Magazine, he worked with John Digweed.
Sasha grew up in the Welsh village of Hawarden with his mother. At age 17, he passed the entrance exams for Epsom College, but left before he reached the advanced level. Instead, he moved to Bangor to see his father and stepmother.
For the first time in contact with electronic dance music Sasha came in 1988 in the Haçienda in Manchester. He soon bought his first Acid House records and taught himself how to mix. Soon he had his first DJ bookings in Haçienda. In 1993 he released Together, his first single under the pseudonym Sasha.
In 1993, he also met John Digweed, with whom he often hung up together in the following years. They went on tour together and released several compilations. One highlight was their Delta Heavy Tour 2002 in the United States. They played in 31 cities and around 85,000 people.
In 2002, Sasha collaborated with Junkie XL for his single Breezer. Junkie XL, along with Charlie May, also supported Sasha on his debut album, Airdrawndagger. After the release of his album he signed the young DJ James Zabiela. He also toured with him through the USA.
Sasha was always in the top 10 DJ Mag DJ's from 1997 to 2008 and won the election in 2000. In 2009 he came in 13th place. For his remix of Felix da Housecat's Watching Cars Go By, Sasha received a Grammy nomination.
- 2002: Airdrawndagger (BMG)
Remix / Compilations
- 1994: Renaissance - The Mix Collection with John Digweed (Renaissance Records)
- 1996: Northern Exposure with John Digwedd (Ministry of Sound, Ultra Records)
- 1997: Northern Exposure 2 with John Digwedd (Ministry of Sound, Ultra Records)
- 1998: Global Underground 009: San Francisco (Boxed)
- 1999: Northern Exposure: Expeditions with John Digwedd (INCredible, Ultra Records)
- 1999: Global Underground 013: Ibiza (Boxed)
- 2000: Communicate with John Digweed (INCredible, Kinetic Records)
- 2004: Involver (Global Underground Ltd.)
- 2005: Fundacion NYC (Global Underground Ltd.)
- 2006: Avalon Los Angeles CA 6/24/06 (Instant Live)
- 2008: The emFire Collection: Mixed, Unmixed & Remixed (emFire, Ultra Records, Style Records)
- 2008: Invol2ver NYC (Global Underground Ltd.)
- 2006: Sasha & John Digweed presents Heavy Delta with John Digweed (System Recordings)
- At the Winter Music Conference, he won the "Best Techno / Trance 12" awards for his Xpander EP title in 1999, "Best CD Compilation" for Global Underground: Ibiza in 1999 and 2000 and for Involver in 2004.
- At the 1999 Ericsson Muzik Awards, he received an award for his "outstanding contribution to Dance Music" 1.
- He was voted Best DJ by DJ Mag in 2000.
His official website: Official Website